Friday, July 25, 2014

First Blog!

Welcome to my blog!  Thank you for stopping by.  I plan on keeping my followers (you!) updated on the daily happenings of my life.  There are a couple things you should know about me which will make me easier to follow and understand:
  1. I have absolutely no experience writing, other than college papers.  I primarily use the other side of my brain, so pardon my grammatical errors.
  2. I love cooking, so much so that my degree is in Nutrition and Food Sciences.  I work for an Engineering Company which has nothing to do with food, more on that later. 
  3. My boyfriend (Sean) and I have two amazing dogs who mean the world to us.  Our 11 year old Lousiana Catahoula teaches our 10 month old Golden Retriever how to win us of over every night when we come home from work.  We are both suckers for handing out table scraps and overloading them with treats.
  4. We are set to close escrow on a house next week in our dream town, which we currently live and rent in now.  We could not be more excited for this whole house remodel.  
Starting a blog has recently been on my mind.  A lot.  I keep thinking "Oh, if I had a blog I would definitely write about this."  One thing I will write about is our new house.  I love pinning to Pinterest and DIY projects.  Our house needs a ton of work, which is the main reason we chose it.  Or it chose us.. I guess.  Sean is a General Contractor who owns a Construction business.  He is very talented and has a lot of connections.  Mix that with my creativity  Pinterest ideas and hopefully we end up with a house we can call a home.
My Jessie and I :)
Another aspect of having a blog is to set goals with a small amount of accountability to them. Hopefully you all will help me with that.  I will try to set small, short goals to accomplish by the next time I blog.  Looking at my upcoming schedule:
Tonight: Rehearsal Dinner for Sean's friends wedding
Tomorrow: Wedding
Sunday: Celebratory brunch for a friend's promotion

That being said, I don't think I will be getting much done this weekend.  My goals before Monday are:
1. Workout once
2.  Meal plan and prep for next week
3.  Blog on Monday! 

Thanks for reading my first blog and I hope everyone has a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment